It’s the month of love!
Welcome to February, the month of love! It’s a new month and it’s the start of a new month mindset. We’ve been going at this new month mindset thing for 6 months now and I sincerely hope each of them has given you at least one takeaway as you enter the new month off fresh and ready to conquer it.
This month, I want to focus on love. Not necessarily the gushy mushy can’t live without you stuff but rather the various types of love we give and receive. There are many different ways we show love, receive love, and even think about love plus it differs for the various people in our lives. February is the perfect time to take a closer look at how we are showing ourselves and others love so let’s getting going!
Let’s start with the oh so important self-love. Self-love can be a struggle for a lot of people. These days everyone is beyond busy going at 100 miles a minute. Just like we say with self-care, self-love is as equally as important as the love you so freely give out. So it goes without much saying that it’s important to also show ourselves that self-love.
What Does Self-Love Look Like?
Self-love will obviously look different for each and every one of us but here are just a few ideas to get you thinking about ways you can show yourself self-love when you need it most.
- A daily positive affirmation about your life
- A weekly or biweekly hour+ of self-care
- Spend some time connecting with nature
- Make time for alone time
- Detox from something that bugs you (technology, a bad habit, a negative individual)
- Make a list of things you are grateful for
- Spend time doing something you love but haven’t made time for recently
- Write a list of things you love about yourself/your life
- Go a day without complaints and see how that feels
- Treat yourself to something special whether it’s a day of pampering or a new outfit, do something solely for yourself
Giving & Showing Love
Now let’s look at some ideas for this month for showing the people in your life how much you care. I don’t want to focus on the idea of Valentines in this post because that idea post is to come so instead here are some ideas for any day this month to show someone you care. From family to friends, our significant other to even co-workers, business partners and such, there are many people in our lives that we love and care for and February is a great month to show them!
Ideas for Showing Love
- Send them a card with a handwritten note
- Surprise someone with a small token of appreciation for all they do
- Cook someone’s favorite meal for them
- Spend the day doing their favorite things
- Call someone you love and tell them you love them
- Experience something new together
- Make an effort during a busy day or week to check in on someone or spend time with them
- Plan to spend the day or even a few hours catching up with someone you don’t get to see as often
- Surprise them with a pre-planned date or small getaway
- Offer to partake in their favorite activity
- Hide a love note or positive affirmation for them to find
In all, I hope your takeaway from this month’s mindset for February is how important it is to show and receive love! Whether it’s self-love in the form of some good ol’ self-care or from your significant other, it’s time to spread the love! Go out there this month and spread not only kindness but love too!
If you want to flashback to 2019 and check out more of my New Month Mindsets, please do so! Additionally, I recommend checking out my Pinterest page for more pinned posts pertaining to mindsets and growth!