Happy Friday the 13th! This week’s issue of The Social is landing just in time for the weekend! As you plan your weekend ahead here in the Hampton Roads region, check out the events below and maybe even plan a visit to our spotlight of the week!
Here’s a list of some upcoming events from across many genres!
September 13-15: Norfolk In-Water Boat Show
September 14: Growl Fest at the Virginia Zoo
September 14: Hermitage Handmade Festival at the Hermitage Museum
September 15: Harvest Market at O’Connor’s Brewing Company
September 17: Stone Temple Pilots at Chrysler Hall
September 19: OVM Charity Bash at The Shack
September 21: Heart of Ghent 10k
September 21: MacArthur Center Brew, Cider and Wine Festival
September 26: tHRive’s Women’s Impact Talk at Gather
Save the Date-events further away but worth marking your calendar for:
September 19: Taking Back Sunday at Waterside
September 25: Kevin James at The Chrysler
October 12: Chesapeake Wine Festival
October 18: Chris Stapleton at Veteran’s United Home Loan’s Amphitheater
October 19-20: Fall Town Point Wine Festival
October 25: Hampton Roads’ Finest and Brewer’s Ball
This Week’s Topic:
Fall Road Trip Tips
Just because summer has come to an end doesn’t mean that your road trip adventures need to. I know many people that actually prefer to take their road trips during the fall when it’s cooler and the changing trees add to the experience!
Here are my favorite tips for planning your road trip this fall regardless of how far you are going:
- Research your location to determine the distance from your home
- Look into the various route options to get there
- Don’t forget to check for areas of traffic that you may encounter on your trip so you can plan ahead
- Fill up that gas tank and know how far you can go before you need to refuel
- Research various great stopping points along your route whether it is a fun place to grab a bite or an added attraction worth stopping for
- Make a packing list and check it twice
- Plan a great music playlist to keep you going
- Before pulling away, check that you have all the necessities-wallets, keys, luggage, etc.
- Enjoy the ride and make the most out of every moment of it
This Week’s Spot is:
The Tides Inn, Irvington Virginia
The Tides Inn is an absolutely stunning resort perfectly situated on Carter’s Creek! Besides the beautiful views from every angle of the resort, The Tides Inn also features fantastic restaurants, a marina and boat rentals, outdoor pool, multiple hotel room options, a spa, tennis and much more!
Located in Irvington, Virginia and only an hour and a half drive from the Hampton Roads areas, The Tides Inn is a must visit for locals and area visitors! Every inch of the grounds of the resort is perfection! Whether you are escaping to The Tides Inn to relax, traveling there by boat, just stopping in for dinner or making it a spa weekend, you are sure to enjoy their many amenities!
I cannot say enough amazing things about this place and truly hope you add it to your places to visit list! You won’t be disappointed!
Interested in having your event featured? Want to sponsor an upcoming issue? Get in touch and let’s chat about how The Social can benefit you!
Recent Editions of The Social: