Does anyone else still follow that old school good luck charm of saying “rabbit, rabbit” on the first day of every new month? To be honest, I have no idea where it came from or when I started saying it but like clockwork on the morning of every new month, I find myself repeating this silly phrase! Do I do it for luck or simply out of ritual? Who knows!
Anyways, welcome to a new month, a fresh start! Rather than wish and hope that September is a good month, I am going to work hard to make sure it is one but implementing a new month mindset! I firmly believe that life is what you make of it and that the start of a new month is the perfect time to set some new goals and intentions then get after them! I hope you will join me on this new month mindset adventure!
What is mindset? Mindset is defined as “an established set of attitudes.” As most of us know, we can have different attitudes towards many things and those attitudes are ever evolving so why not start September off with a positive attitude towards your goals and intentions.
For example, rather than entering the month worrying about all you need to accomplish, set a mindful intention to work towards your goals every day. Below you will see a list of some example goals and intentions to help you get started!
Goals versus Intentions
Goals and intentions may seem like the same thing, but in reality, they can be very different. Goals are typically set looking towards the future while intentions are present moment actions.
For example, you may have a goal this month to workout at least twice a week. You can clearly set and track this goal all month then see your progress as each week goes by. You are looking towards the future with this goal in mind.
While on the other hand, you may set an intention to think of and/or write down one thing you are grateful for every day this month. Goals make you plan out further in advance while an intention can be done more so in the moment and typically with less tracking on your part. Both goals and intentions need to be set mindfully and implemented with the best intentions in order to be successful.
- Work out # of times a week/month
- Reduce my screen time by # of minutes each day
- Make a new recipe at least once a week
- Have # self-care moments each week
- Eat a meal at home more than I eat out
- Check # DIY projects off my list
- Learn to do something that I don’t know how to do
- Do # random acts of kindness
- Read # of books
- Write at least # blog posts
- Spend more time with loved ones
- Write a letter or email every week to someone I miss or care for
- Acknowledge the things I am good at
- Write down # things I am grateful for daily
- Enjoy the little things daily
- Smile at strangers
- Ask someone how they are and mean it
- Speak and do with intention
- Have meaningful conversations
- Take time to cool down before I react when I am upset with a loved one
- Take a moment for myself daily
- Think of # of things that make me happy
- Spend less time worrying and more time enjoying
- Be thankful for my successes and/or failures that make me who I am
It’s September 1
So go off and set a goal, make a mindful intention (or two or three) and make this a great month!
Also, be sure you follow me on social media (here) as I will be sharing my new month mindset goals and intentions for this month as well as weekly check ins on my progress and I would love to hear yours!
I will leave you with one of my favorite quotes, “You’ve always had the power my dear, you just had to learn if for yourself.” -The Wizard of Oz