Welcome to Issue #2! This issue is focused around all the new places coming to Hampton Roads in the next few months as well as a spotlight of the many great current places and events! Continue to read below to find out about what’s new and when it’s coming!
The fall season is upon us and Hampton Roads will soon be home to some exciting new venues! The following is a list of new places currently planning to open this fall-by restaurant or business name/city/neighborhood.
- Cava Norfolk, Norfolk (Chelsea)
- Granby Station, Norfolk (Downtown)
- Fish Pig, Norfolk (Selden Arcade)
- PizzaRev, Virginia Beach (VB Blvd)
- Dirty Buffalo, Virginia Beach (Princess Anne)
- Mooyah Burgers, Fries and Shakes, Virginia Beach (Landstown)
- TASTE, Virginia Beach (Town Center)
Here’s a list of upcoming events from across many genres! This is by no means an exhaustive list of all the local happenings but it’s a darn good start to help plan your week/weekend ahead!
August 28: Bizconnect Networking/Coffee
August 29: Hot Country Nights with Eli Young Band at Waterside
August 29: Downtown Norfolk Wine Walk
August 30: End of Summer Patio Party at Leone’s
August 31: Chesapeake Farmer’s Marketplace
August 31: Mermaid Winery End of Summer Luau
September 1: Big Bands on the Bay at Oceanview Park
September 6: The Deloreans at the Vanguard
September 7: CoVa Idea House
September 7: Norfolk History Tour+Food
September 7: Saved by the 90’s at the Norva
Save the Date-events further away but worth marking your calendar for:
September 19: Taking Back Sunday at Waterside
September 25: Kevin James at The Chrysler
October 12: Chesapeake Wine Festival
October 19-20: Fall Town Point Wine Festival
October 25: Hampton Roads’ Finest and Brewer’s Ball
This Week’s Topic:
Back to School
It is that time of year again in Hampton Roads where the weather is still warm, tourists are starting to pack up and leave town and the children are making their way back to school! Below you will find some tips to make your Back to School transition just a little bit smoother!
For those with school aged kiddos:
- Start getting into your school routine a few days before the “official” back to school date
- Set regular bed and wake up times for all members of the family especially children
- Have a plan for lunches-try meal planning
- Make sure you’ve done your school shopping but don’t be surprised when last minute supplies are needed
- Structure is key-keep consistency for better transitions
- Adjust your schedule for buses and increased traffic in the mornings
- Watch your speed in school zones
- Keep an eye out for children at bus stops and beware of buses picking children up
- Like your friends’ back to school pictures because they are just so darn cute
This Week’s Spot is:
The Porch on Long Creek, Virginia Beach
Speaking of new(ish) places in Hampton Roads, this week’s spotlight is on the cool new spot, The Porch! Located perfectly on the water with tons of outdoor seating, The Porch quickly became a place to be this summer and lucky for you, there is still time left to go before summer fades away!
So what makes it a great new spot? For starters, The Porch boasts several different seating options including an outdoor bar, several waterfront patios, indoor space and an indoor/outdoor option. They have a full menu and happy hour on Tuesday-Friday from 4-6pm with additional specials on Saturday and Sunday. Every space in the restaurant features a beautiful water view so whether you travel by boat or car, you are sure to enjoy some waterside fun while dining at The Porch!
Though I am sure The Porch is fun year round, I highly recommend you check them out while you can still enjoy the warm weather and that stunning sunset view from the patio!
Interested in having your event featured? Want to sponsor an upcoming issue? Get in touch and let’s chat about how The Social can benefit you!
Recent Editions of The Social: