A Social Gal’s Review:
This was my third year in a row attending the Norfolk Sister City Association’s Soirée en Blanc! The Soirée en Blanc is a take on the Diner en Blanc which is a pop up dinner party in a public space which happens in multiple countries (most popular being France). The fun summer event brings hundreds of strangers and many groups together to have an outdoor dinner party at a beautiful local spot! The event has continued to be well-attended and with a new location each year, the Soirée en Blanc is always different from the previous year!
How the Soirée en Blanc works:
Party attendees purchase tickets unaware of the event’s location which they find out 24-48 hours before the event date! Guests have the option to plan their own menu and bring all food items or order the boxed dinner planned for the evening. Guests must also bring all dinner service products such as silverware, plates, cups and serving utensils in addition to any food and drink items they would like to have. Items provided by event organizers include tables, chairs, tablecloths, and surrounding event decor.
Additionally, guests are to dress in all white which goes with the theme of the Soirée! The dress in all white theme seems to be a favorite of party attendees and it’s fun to see how everyone puts their own spin on their outfits to match the all white and French theme of the Soirée!
Tips for planning to attend:
- Tables include seats for 10-it’s best to buy a full table of 10 rather than individual tickets
- Plan a menu with those at your table including drinks
- Designate someone to bring all paper products including plates, silverware, cups, napkins
- Coolers, wagons, candles, warmers are all allowed
- Table decorations are encouraged and there is a contest for the best decorated tables
- Don’t forget important tools like wine openers, serving utensils, drink-ware and definitely water